laughing at the days to come

"she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." -Proverbs 31:25

Saturday, February 5, 2011

tacky clothes. silly girls. basketball games.

My top five favorite things about sixth grade girls:

-they are so full of life. always laughing, always smiling...which in turn is such a rewarding friendship to me; because I can't help but laugh and smile with them.
-they teach me new handshakes. awesome.
-it is impossible to do anything without spilling water or some sort of food product. (especially when making giant pizzas.)
-i learn so much from them. even the smallest things...like enjoying friendships and finding joy in little things.
-quiet and calm? i don't understand what those words mean. this, i love.



I'm on an intramural basketball team with some girls on my hall and soccer team. Don't you worry, we are AWFUL. I can't shoot a basketball for the life of me and when I do, I rarely make it. And I'm not much better at defense either. All in all, I'm a REALLY bad basketball player. Nonetheless, I make up for it with my hair-do, Jesus still loves me, and I've enjoyed the sweet sweet fellowship with these ladies!





OH AND ALSO! I thought that with it being a new year and all, I would post a few goals, if you must, for the next year:

-play more than four minutes of a varsity Soccer game.
-pray alone, outloud, everyday.
-learn road names on the mountain. (so that when j high students give me directions to their house, I can get there in less than hour FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE.)
-call home once a week.
-learn to drive in the snow.
-rejoice in the lord ALWAYS.
-own a pair of chacos. (i know, don't hate...)
-encourage my roomates, hallmates, and teamates.
-spend more time, outside church activities, with Junior high students.
-SURVIVE chow. (ha, NOT happening!)
-run the river run!
-get a summer internship job.
-learn to be a gentle person.
-read a children's book once a week...with no children present.

No comments:

Post a Comment