laughing at the days to come

"she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." -Proverbs 31:25

Friday, July 8, 2011

THE EDGE.



A few weeks ago, we took our middle school students to The Edge Conference at Covenant. Not only is covenant very dear to my heart, but I've served at The Edge the past three years, and fell in love, so it is also one of my most favorite places in the WORLD. The week was packed: worship and talks morning and night, tournaments and water wars during the day, and dance parties and dark games at night. I went into the edge thinking "oh, I'm strong, I'm ready to lead my girls, this will be a great week of growth for them." God shook my plans, BIG TIME. (haha, surprise!) It was one of those times where the devil hit me at my weakest, most vunerable points, where I was emotionally and physically weak, and where God had things He wanted to say to me." I waded through so much personally with the Lord during that week and after, and learned a lot about ministry as well. I was reminded that it's not me that loves and keeps students, it's the Lord; and in my weakness, He showed me just that. I was reminded that I don't change hearts, God does. and I was reminded that God wants to work IN me, even as He works THROUGH me.

No comments:

Post a Comment